If you’re facing divorce or separation, if it’s difficult to know where to turn for advice You may be feeling confused, distressed and anxious about what the future holds. If this sounds familiar, contact us. Our experienced family law team are here to help. Our team of specialist family lawyers can advise you on all types of Family and Children Law, inducting the following;-
• Divorce and Legal Separation
• Financial Settlement, disputes regarding the division of the matrimonial assets and maintenance upon divorce, the split up of a Civil Partnership or Cohabitation
• Domestic Violence
• Children Law including the arrangements for your children; such as where they will live, who they will live with, how often they will see each parent, carer or significant person in their life, what schools they will go to, which country they should live in.
• Child Abduction. We can offer immediate appointments if you are concerned that your child is at immediate risk of abduction to a foreign country or within the UK . There are emergency steps that can be taken to prevent this and to protect your child.
• We regularly act for parents, young people, children, grandparents and other family members.
• Disputes between parents, grandparents, or siblings, about issues relating to Residence, Contact, Specific issue Orders relating to schooling, change of name or other important decision relating to the child, Prohibited Steps Orders and Parental Responsibility.
• Pre-Marital Agreements, Post-Marital Agreements and Separation Agreements. Pre-nuptial agreements act as a kind of insurance in the event of a break-up. This can protect you, your family and your assets in a number of ways.
Led by Aycan Misir, the team at MIYA is approachable, experienced, highly qualified and dedicated to providing quality legal services. We listen to our clients and deal with their individual issues.
Divorce and Legal Separation
Did your marriage break down irretrievably? Are you thinking of divorce or separation and feel confused?
Did your marriage break down due to:
• Respondent committing adultery
• Respondent behaved in such way that you cannot reasonably be expected to live with the Respondent
• Did the Respondent desert you for 2 years or more
• Have you lived apart for a continuous period of 2 years or more
• Have you lived apart for a continuous period of at least 5 years
If you can answer YES to any of the questions above contact us NOW and our accredited specialist lawyers will assist you with your application for divorce on a fixed cost basis.
Financial Settlement, disputes regarding the division of the matrimonial assets and maintenance upon divorce, separation or the split up of a Civil Partnership or Cohabitation.
If you are in a position where you cannot agree the division of the family matrimonial finances with your spouse, we can help resolve matrimonial finances upon divorce.
We are able to assist and advise the parties in settling their financial and property differences in a fairly distribution.
We can assist in reaching an agreement and if required we can request the Court to have this agreement recognized by the court in a Consent Order
If you cannot reach a settlement agreement then we can represent you with the required expertise to commence proceedings for a financial remedy
If you need help and assistance with the complicated matter of the matrimonial financial dispute then contact our accredited specialist lawyers NOW and we will assist you.
Domestic Violence/ Injunctions
Are you a victim of domestic violence?
We can assist you in obtaining a Non-Molestation Order or an Occupation Order.
A non-molestation order forbids a person using or threatening violence and from intimidating, harassing or pestering another person. It has a power of arrest which enables the police to arrest a person who they suspect of breaching an order.
An occupation order regulates the occupation of the family home in order to protect you or your children and can exclude a person otherwise entitled to occupy a property from doing so or from coming within a certain distance of it, or from coming within a defined area.
There are also other civil remedies available and particular action can be taken under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997
Our accredited specialist lawyers will be happy to assist you. Contact us NOW (click here) for further information and assistance.
Our accredited specialist lawyers can assist you with any disputes you have as to the arrangements for your children following family breakdown.
We can assist you to obtain orders in relation to the arrangements for your children, including:
• where they will live
• who they will live with
• how often they will see each parent, carer or significant person in their life
• what schools they will go to
• which country they should live in etc.
Child Arrangements Order has replaced the old Residence and Contact Orders since 22 April 2014.
We can also assist you in obtaining a Prohibited Steps Order (an order preventing something such as removing the child from the country); or a Specific Issue Order (such as what school the child should attend, what religion the child should practice and any change of name issues) and Parental Responsibility.
We regularly act for parents, young people, children, grandparents and other family members.
We can offer immediate appointments. If you are concerned that your child is at immediate risk of abduction to a foreign country or within the UK there are emergency steps that can be taken to prevent this and to protect your child.
We can apply to the court for a Prohibited Steps order, a Child Arrangement Order and/or a Parental Responsibility order as is most appropriate to your case. This will state that your child cannot be taken out of the jurisdiction of England and Wales and can even require the surrender of your child’s passport if you fear the other Party may be planning to abduct your child.
Our experienced lawyers can help you with preparing and advice you on Pre-Marital Agreements, Post-Marital Agreements and Separation Agreements. Pre-nuptial agreements act as a kind of insurance in the event of a break-up. This can protect you, your family and your assets in a number of ways.